We do not believe in a "one size fits all" approach to basement water problems, so instead, we offer multiple options to best suit your needs and price range. The inspector who comes to your home will diagnose your problem and then recommend the best basement waterproofing alternatives for your situation, along with a FREE estimate!
A lot of homeowners want to know how and why water is able to get into their home in the first place. Water always finds the path of least resistance, and this may be over the top of the foundation, through leaking window wells, through wall or floor cracks, through the cove joint (where the wall meets the floor), or it could even be caused from a plumbing problem below the home, such as a pipe leak.
Our signature solution: Atlantis Waterproofing's unique sub-floor water control system. Our inspector will explain the solution in detail and whether it is right for you. The advantages of this solution include the following:
- Stops BOTH major ways by which water can enter your foundation (through the walls and up from the floor)
- Is a permanent solution that carries our lifetime guarantee
- Is an approved method for home loans by the VA, FHA and HUD
- Is substantially cheaper (up to 50% or more) than other methods
- Will not disturb landscaping or outdoor improvements (decks, patios, driveways, etc.)
Systems and Products
Our interior drain pipe comes with our complete package that allows water to seep into the pipe and move water out from underneath home. It first gathers all of the water from beneath the floor and then, using a mix of gravity and angling the pipes correctly, water is quickly directed out and away from your home. Interior drain works exceptionally well with a well graded yard that slopes appropriately.
Draintile can work to stop seepage and other leaks. These drain tiles can be installed around the footing of your foundation. They drain water from around and underneath your basement so that it doesn't pool up inside your home. Our draintile system are perforated, meaning that they have holes, to allow water to get inside. They are installed in a bed of stone or small gravel which will help water drain into the pipe. This system doesn't just drain water around your foundation, it can also help to reduce hydrostatic pressure in the soil, reduce humidity levels and prevent the growth of mold and harmful bacteria. This makes draintile the best drain system available, and affordable, for your family.
A yard drain prevents water from building up next to your foundation wall, draining it outwards away from your home. This system keeps hydrostatic pressure from building up against your walls which later causes wall cracks, bowed walls, which eventually leads to leaks through these openings. Yard drainage is a number one preventative measure and repair method.
Sump Pump System
Our sump pump is designed to direct any excess water through a drain pipe connected to your plumbing system. This allows extra water due to rain or water pooling to be pulled out from under the floor and surrounding foundation wall. This is one of our best approaches, combined with our draintile system and drain pipe.
Our wall panel is non-permeable, flame retardant panel that is permanently fastened to your foundation wall to stop water from entering. It's job is to seal any potential moisture coming from water pooling or condensation through your wall. We use a patented and trusted product by Richtech which keeps moisture out permanently all seasons throughout the year. Whether it rains or snow thaws, these panels will keep your basement dry from any weather related issue caused by changes in temperature.
Commonly Asked Basement Waterproofing Questions
- What does a wet basement mean?
- A wet basement means you have some type of leak allowing water into your basement. This is usually caused by what is known as hydrostatic pressure, which is basically water pushing against your foundation walls from the outside. If you have any kind of water in the basement, whether during heavy storms or when snow is melting, it could be a sign of a larger problem.
- How do you fix a wet basement?
- The best way to fix a wet basement is not always simple to determine. Depending on the cause of the wet basement, there are a number of different repair solutions. This is why any wet basement problems should be inspected by a trained professional who can properly evaluate the problem.
- Can water come up through concrete basement floor?
- Yes, water can come up through concrete basement floors both through floor drains or at the cove joint which is where the wall and floor meet.
- What is the best way to waterproof a basement?
- The best way to waterproof a basement is through the use of an interior waterproofing system. These systems are designed to collect, store, and divert water that is entering a basement to a sump pit and then remove the water with a sump pump.
- What is average cost to waterproof a basement?
- The average cost to waterproof a basement will vary depending on the severity of the basement water problem which is why it is important to have a professional inspect the problem and provide an estimate.
What Our Customer Say About Us
Our Service Area
Our team at Atlantis Waterproofing provides home and business owners across central Tennessee basement waterproofing, foundation repair, crawl space repair, mold removal, and much more. Our goal is to provide our customers with the expertise they need with a 100% satisfactory appearance. All questions answered and all problems taken care of.
We serve home and business owners in the following counties:
Cannon, Coffee, Davidson, Dekalb, Grundy, Hamilton, Marion, Putnam, Smith, Vanburen, Warren, White, Wilson
You can also click the button below to see a full list of the cities we serve.