Foundation Settlement Repair
If you have a sinking or settling foundation, it is a problem that needs to be addressed by a professional. If the problem gets worse, it can lead to a catastrophic failure of the foundation which will require it to be rebuilt. This is something that can become very costly. When working with an experienced foundation repair contractor, they will inspect and evaluate your foundation problem and work with you to come up with a solution that will prevent future damage to the foundation as well as your home.
If you see any of the problems below, it is important that you reach out to a professional:
- Cracks in the walls or floor
- Cracks in the corners of windows or door frames
- Doors and windows stick when opening or closing
- The house is visibly sinking into the ground
- Sloped areas on the floor of the home
Many different foundation problems including settling foundation or bowed walls stem from very similar causes in the Nashville, Chattanooga, Cookeville, and Knoxville areas. They are usually the result of unstable soil around the home. Whether the soil was not compacted correctly when the home was built or has settled over time due to environmental changes or the weight of the home, the problems are the same. The soil is no longer able to properly support the home and the only repair that is possible is to install a system of foundation piers below the home.
We can repair any house that is sinking or settling by installing a piering system. As an authorized dealer for Stabil-Loc, we have gotten trained from the manufacturer of this patented product. After thousands of installations, the Stabil-loc pier has experienced a 100% success rate. No failures stands as a testimony to the strength and design of these products.
All Stabil-loc Piers are warrantied for life from the manufacturer. The Stabil-loc engineering team has designed a proven, effective piering system that works.
If you notice any of the issues above, please contact us to learn more about our services, and to schedule a time to get a FREE estimate in your home.
Commonly Asked Foundation Settlement Questions
- What is foundation settlement?
- Foundation settlement is the process of the foundation of a home or building compressing the supporting soil until it reaches a natural equilibrium and lands on stable soil. This can be a matter of fractions of an inch or potentially much more depending on the conditions in which the structure was built.
- What causes foundation settlement?
- Foundation settlement is caused by the weight of the building compressing the supporting soil. This can happen if the soil was not compacted properly or if the soil makeup is prone to compaction.
- Can a sinking foundation be fixed?
- Yes, a sinking foundation can be fixed! Depending on that actual cause of the problem and the severity, the solutions can be varied but they will usually rely on installing foundation piers to prevent future sinking or settling.
- How do I stop foundation settlement?
- The best way to stop foundation settlement is to install a system of foundation piers. These piers are installed below the building and are designed to offset the weight of the structure to the piers, which are driven down to stable soil, and can permanently stop a sinking or settling foundation.
- How much does it cost to fix a sinking foundation?
- The cost depends on the severity of the problem, and how much of the building is sinking. If your foundation is sinking, an expert should evaluate the problem to provide you with a plan for the repairs.
What Our Customer Say About Us
Had an appointment to do waterproofing today at a location in Cookeville, TN on Mt. Vernon Road.
Our Service Area
Our team at Atlantis Waterproofing provides home and business owners across central Tennessee basement waterproofing, foundation repair, crawl space repair, mold removal, and much more. Our goal is to provide our customers with the expertise they need with a 100% satisfactory appearance. All questions answered and all problems taken care of.
We serve home and business owners in the following counties:
Cannon, Coffee, Davidson, Dekalb, Grundy, Hamilton, Marion, Putnam, Smith, Vanburen, Warren, White, Wilson
You can also click the button below to see a full list of the cities we serve.