Sagging Floor Repair
If your home in Nashville, Chattanooga, Cookeville, or Knoxville has a crawl space and it is not encapsulated, over the years the floor joists can absorb moisture and ultimately begin to sag. When the floor joists sag, the flooring above will start to sag and you will notice soft areas, sloping, or drooping in the floors. This is a problem we've seen hundreds of times and while it seems as though it is a very costly fix, generally the repairs are relatively simple to do. We use a product called a crawl space jack to lift up the joists at strategic points and keep the level for the future of the home.
Jacks can be installed whenever you have a sagging floor problem. This will cause you to have uneven floors on the first level of your home. Also, if you have this issue, it's going to eventually lead to the development of wall cracks, and may even cause your windows or doors to "stick." Our crawl space support jacks can be installed quickly and are a strong, stabilized permanent solution.
If your floors are sagging or you notice parts of the home where the floor is not level, please contact us to learn more about our services, and to schedule a time to get a FREE estimate in your home.
Commonly Asked Sagging Floor Questions
- Are sagging floors dangerous?
- Sagging floors can be dangerous depending on how badly they are sagging and for how long they have been sagging. If you have sagging floors, they should be inspected and evaluated by a professional to determine the extent of the problem.
- What do sagging floors mean?
- Sagging floors are the result of floor joists losing some amount of their ability to hold the weight of the floor. This is normally caused by excess humidity in the crawl space.
- Can sagging floors be fixed?
- Yes, sagging floors can be fixed. They are typically repaired using crawl space support jacks and in more extreme cases, additional joists may be added to improve the stability of the floor.
What Our Customer Say About Us
Our Service Area
Our team at Atlantis Waterproofing provides home and business owners across central Tennessee basement waterproofing, foundation repair, crawl space repair, mold removal, and much more. Our goal is to provide our customers with the expertise they need with a 100% satisfactory appearance. All questions answered and all problems taken care of.
We serve home and business owners in the following counties:
Cannon, Coffee, Davidson, Dekalb, Grundy, Hamilton, Marion, Putnam, Smith, Vanburen, Warren, White, Wilson
You can also click the button below to see a full list of the cities we serve.